Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 4



Literally just got off the phone with a few places! I've decided to change my cause. I want to donate to children, but i want to donate to the cause of ankylosing spondylitis. My sister was recently diagnosed with this disease. My sister is in a catch 22, along with the many other people diagnosed with this rheumatoid arthritis disease.  I want to donate money to the foundation to help them find a cure. 


It is a longterm disease that causes pain between the joints in the spine and pelvis. The exact cause is unknown, but studies show that genes may have something to do with it. Unfortunately the only known way to ease the pain is through pills and surgery. Other ways to help include exercise and stretch, but movement hurts. 



I talked to CHOC hospital and they told me that because of all the rules, regulations, and privacy policies with children that it would be virtually impossible to bring strangers in to sing to them. Which is why I've turned my focus back to Orange Wood. I just left a message asking to set up an appointment with a woman in charge of fundraising. I hope this works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment