Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 5

PROBLEMS! So I have run into some problems with trying to get the fundraiser set up. I have called many hospitals/foundations/other people trying to get a fundraiser set up. Everyone said the same things: "You're a minor, you can't do this," or "there are too many rules, regulations, and privacy issues; you can't come sing for children in hospitals," or just simply "sorry we can't help you." I am very frustrated with the whole situation!

Instead, I have decided to contact the Spondylitis Foundation directly. I talked to someone who was very willing to help, listened to my story and told me he would try his best to accomplish this project with me! I am very excited to work with this program to raise money for the cause!

I am also excited to help spread awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis so that more people don't have to suffer from this excruciatingly painful disease. My sister is in a lot of pain with this illness and I hope that helping promote the awareness will soon bring a cure to all the people suffering out there.

Despite the pain, she is still very beautiful! That's my sister (right), DeLaney. 



Be sure to check out the website and see what you can do to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment